Dr. Dan L. Edmunds, Ed.D,B.C.S.A.,DAPA.

Dr. Dan L. Edmunds, Ed.D,B.C.S.A.,DAPA.
e-mail: batushkad@yahoo.com

Saturday, February 17, 2007

THE CHILDHOOD FRIEND

As I look back, my first encounter with the damaging effects of bio-psychiatry occurred when I was seven years old. Next door to my home in St. Petersburg, FL was a boy of the same age, Gary. Gary and I became immediate friends. We would play for hours in the tree fort in his yard or down by the creek behind our homes. There were many joyful times, yet I knew even at this age, that these probably were the few of Gary's joyful times. He had witnessed domestic violence from his father. His grandmother despised him and gave him beatings causing Child Protective Services to become involved many times. Gary would often appear very sedated and uncoordinated. I never understood why, I do now. He was being drugged into submission. Submission to a disordered world. Bio-psychiatry had its grip on this seven year old boy and never was his pain heard or understood. I moved away from St. Petersburg and lost contact with Gary. I can only pray that he has survived through the ordeal forced upon him.

No comments: