Dr. Dan L. Edmunds, Ed.D,B.C.S.A.,DAPA.

Dr. Dan L. Edmunds, Ed.D,B.C.S.A.,DAPA.
e-mail: batushkad@yahoo.com

Saturday, December 26, 2009

SYSTEM OF 'MADNESS'

Looking back at the time when I was in secondary school, I do not recall the level of distressed young people as exists now. I do not recall the existence of 'emotional support' classrooms. I do not remember any peers who were on multiple psychiatric drugs, except for one, and this was in 1992. I see a greater disillusionment and complacency in the present generation. I am theorizing that whereas there was dreadful things prior, that something dramatic occurred which has caused for this new generation of complacency and despair. I do recall the 90's being labeled the "Decade of the Brain", it was also during this decade we saw the expansion of special education to include various 'emotional disorders', and we saw the grip (and now chokehold) that Big Pharma began to exert with the rise of children being placed on psychiatric drugs. Within a shirt period in the nineties, the diagnosis of ADHD went from rare to over 6 million children in the US being given this diagnosis. We saw the beginning of school shootings in the 1990's. I can only surmise that in the 90's began a campaign to spread the lie of 'chemical imbalances', an era of falsehood, propaganda, and greed, which is now putting us into a desparate situation. I believe the economic collapse we have recently experienced and many of the social dilemmas take its roots during this period. We need to explore this further. Is it possible that we have created the tools to drive our children and others 'mad'?

-Dan L. Edmunds, Ed.D.
www.humanepsychiatry.com

International Center for Humane Psychiatry
Critical Psychology Coalition

No comments: