Dr. Dan L. Edmunds, Ed.D,B.C.S.A.,DAPA.

Dr. Dan L. Edmunds, Ed.D,B.C.S.A.,DAPA.
e-mail: batushkad@yahoo.com

Monday, May 04, 2009

COME JOIN THE MASQUERADE and LISTEN

COME JOIN THE MASQUERADE

Come Join the Masquerade!
The spoiled rich boy wants to be a Bohemian!
Did you hear? He wants to be a Bohemian!
He will discard his riches and all the glittering trappings.
He will roam the streets and live among the simple ones, sharing his arts and tricks.
He will discard the ways of his people.
He will receive mommy and daddy's riches, but dare not let the simple ones know.
And he will say to the simple ones, "I know you well, I am one of you."
And the simple ones, seeing the mask will receive him.
But when they uncover the mask, they will find something more gruesome underneath, and the spoiled rich boy will escape again to the arms of mommy and daddyn and the bosom of the elite.


LISTEN

All I ask is to be heard.
Yet when I look at you, you turn away.
You do not have time for me. Your world created my pain, and when I seek to share a glimmer of my experience, you look at me with revulsion. Staring at the watch, pretending to listen, but really distant. And some of you seek to mock me further. Is it not the wish of us all simply to be heard? And because there is no one to listen, no one to understand, I retreat into myself, and I find my own to listen.



Dan L. Edmunds, Ed.D.
www.DrDanEdmunds.com

No comments: